1. Reach out to local press, which includes college radio stations, online magazines, bloggers, forums and industry related news.
2. Politely introduce yourself and ask the proper way of submitting information about your project and if they wouldn’t mind sharing that information with their program.
3. Develop a template that you can send out every month with your updates. Keep it separate from newsletters. You should make it sound personal so they think it is being sent just to them from you.
4. Be sure to include personal contact information of who and how to get in contact with someone in charge of your project.
5. Ask them if they know of any other outlets that you can benefit from so that you can expand your reach.
6. Make sure to sincerely thank them. Develop a monthly newsletter and send them out to all of your press friends.
Sarge Tip Make sure you are extremely polite. Use proper grammar and signature lines.
Make sure you are extremely polite. Use proper grammar and signature lines.
Compiled by Monty Burton