||Facebook can be a very useful resource to promote an event. As you create your “buzz,” you can have constant contact with the people in your network. You can track the daily interactions and build an RSVP list to keep a rough estimate of how many of your ‘internet friends’ plan on attending. In connection with your daily face-to-face marketing experiences, you increase the chances of having a successful event.
1. Log into the Facebook home page with the email address and password that you are registered with (it’s better to use your artist/band page as oppose to your personal page).
2. Select “My Events” from the navigation menu. You will be taken to a page with all the events you are currently planning to attend. – Hit the “+ Create Event” button.
3. Fill in all the details about your event, most importantly, the time and place. You can always edit this later, but try to put in as much details in as you can initially.
4. Choose the level of access to your event. You can choose to host an “open” event (meaning anyone can attend). This will not restrict anyone from viewing the details and adding themselves to the guest list. If closed (meaning only select individuals may attend), only the time and description is shown to uninvited guests.
Facebook users can request to be added to the guest list to view the complete event info. A secret event will not appear in search results and will be viewable only by those you invite.
5. Click the “Create” button to complete your event details.
6. Upload a photo that represents the event. Use the browse feature to find a photo on your hard drive to upload. – The flyer for the event is sufficient.
7. Now its time to invite some guests. Select your all your friends on Facebook that you’d like to invite. You can even send emails to people not on Facebook.
Check back to your event page often to monitor the response of the event. This page can be a useful tool to help with other ventures such as album releases, video releases and coordinating video shoots open to the public.
8. If you’d like to just invite all your friends at once without having to click on each one of them individually, do a search for a “mass invite plugin” cheat.
Try not to over-abuse these plugins. Most of their codes are frowned upon by Facebook.
Compiled by Monty Burton